Police searching for suspects in robbery

Washtenaw County Sheriff Deputies are looking for two men believed to be responsible for an armed robbery that occurred 12:50 a.m. Wednesday morning, in the 100 block of Riley Court.

Detectives have identified the first suspect as 20-year-old Troy Anderson Lewis. Lewis was last seen wearing a black coat with fur on it and dark colored jeans. The sheriff’s department said it has reason to believe Lewis might be staying in the 9000 block of MacArthur Boulevard.

The second suspect was described as a black male between the ages of 18-21, with an average build. He was last seen wearing a silver or gray fur coat with a design on the back of it, dark colored pants and a black mask over his face.

Both men should be considered armed and dangerous.

Deputies said the two suspects knocked on the victim’s front door and asked for a person who did not live there. The two subjects then asked for another person, who the victim knew, and the victim opened the door slightly to see who it was. The two suspects then kicked in the door to gain entry.

Once inside, the suspects both produced silver handguns and pointed them at the victim, according to a media release. The victim said the first suspect hit him in the head with the butt of the silver handgun. The weapon then discharged one time but no one was hit with the round.

The suspects took an unknown amount of money and fled the residence. The victim was transported to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The sheriff’s department is advising anyone with information pertaining to this incident to call the W.C.S.O. Confidential Tip line at (734) 973-7711 or 1-800-SPEAK UP. If either suspect is spotted in the area, call 911.