This recipe actually started as a Rice Krispies Treat s’more idea. I’m not the biggest fan of s’mores, so I decided to make it into something I do like. The resulting recipe tastes like what would happen if a Nestle Crunch Bar, a jar of Nutella and a Rice Krispies Treat had a baby… a delicious, crispy, chocolaty baby.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but you can make it with just a microwave! That means it’s easy, dorm room approved and even kid approved. If you’re not interested by now, you clearly have no taste buds.
Since this recipe is easy to do in the microwave, I’ve included that procedure. But if you want the stovetop procedure, you can find it on the newly launched Kitchen-101.tumblr.com.
Cook time – 15 minutes
Cool time – 1 hour
Servings – 18
Serving size – 1 square
Calories per serving – 291
Net carbs – 42g *
1 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
10 oz marshmallows
8 Tbs butter
3 Tbs light corn syrup
6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips *
1. Use about 2 Tbs of butter to grease medium sized pan or baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave.
3. Remove bowl from microwave then add chocolate chips, corn syrup and Nutella to bowl.
4. Place bowl back in microwave and cook for about 30 seconds. Stir mixture; it will not be fully melted.
6. Place bowl back in microwave, and cook until fully melted. Make sure to stop every 30 seconds to stir. This is important to make sure you don’t burn the chocolate.
7. Once chocolate chips have melted and everything is combined, remove from microwave.
8. Add marshmallows to bowl and stir to melt them. You may need to rewarm the mixture in the microwave.
9. Once marshmallows are fully combined into chocolate mixture, use a spoon or spatula to fold Rice Krispies Cereal into chocolate mixture. This will be tough.
10. Once cereal is completely combined, transfer it to your buttered pan. Press down on mixture to make sure it’s compacted into all corners.
11. Place pan in a fridge to cool until solid.
12. Once cooled, cut sheet into 18 equal bars. The size will vary depending on your pan.