Police Blotter Oct. 4

Sunday, Sept. 28

A female resident’s debit card was reported stolen from a room in Buell Hall at 11:22 a.m. The crime was believed to have occurred between 12:30 a.m. and 3 a.m. The crime is still under investigation and there are no suspects at this time.

Monday, Sept. 29

A male resident reported his wallet stolen from his locked room in Phelps Hall at 12:56 p.m. The crime was believed to have occurred between 2:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. There were no signs of forced entry. The crime is still under investigation and there are no suspects at this time.

A female student reported her phone stolen from a charging center at the Student Center at 5 p.m. The victim placed her phone on the charger and left it unattended only to return to find it missing. There are no current suspects at this time and the crime is still under investigation.

Tuesday, Sept. 30

A counterfeit $10 bill was used at the Commons dining hall at 9:12 a.m. It wasn’t discovered that the bill was counterfeit until it arrived to the cash office. The crime is currently under investigation.

A male student’s stereo faceplate and $20 was stolen from his vehicle in the North Lot at 6:34 p.m. The student’s window was partially rolled down when the crime occurred. This incident was believed to have occurred between Sept. 29 at 6 p.m. and Sept. 30 at 2 p.m.

Eastern Michigan police officers assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department on a fight occurring on Cross Street at 10:43 p.m. A male suspect was charged with aggravated assault.

Wednesday, Oct. 1

Police were called after a male student became irate over a parking ticket he received near Oakwood Street. The male student was not charged but may face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.