RHA Presents Octower Fest

The Residence Housing Association is celebrating fall with sweet treats, games, and special guests at the Octower Fest on Thursday.

This event will give students an experience similar to that of a cider mill, and will be hosted outside in the center of the Towers - Hoyt, Hill and Pittman Halls - directly across from the Cross Roads Market Place.

Tim Nickels is one of the coordinators who put the event together with a goal in mind to create a bond with residents and students alike.

“It’s based around the October Fest, and other festivals that are popular around this time,” he said. “We came up with the title for the event as a play on words.”

The event will feature games, including pumpkin painting and a coloring contest. Winners will receive a special certificate.

Students in attendance can also take selfies with a stuffed scarecrow to get in the spirit of fall.

While students are playing games, special guests will be making an appearance to judge the contest. The special guests include Eastern Michigan President Susan Martin, Student Body President Desmond Miller and RHA President Lee Michaels.

Food will be provided at the event, including warm doughnuts, cider and apples with the option to be dipped in caramel.