You can’t be the lame friend at the party who goes as a ghost with a sheet over their head this Halloween. You may have been too busy studying for midterms to find a costume, but you still have enough time to make these easy, DIY costumes.
1. Superheroes: For all of the Marvel and Justice League fans, you can quickly make your favorite superhero costume. The materials you need include a t-shirt with your superhero’s symbol on it, matching color tulle, elastic, and scissors. You can buy a t-shirt with your superhero’s logo on it or you can make one yourself with fabric paint. Cut several strips of the tulle and tie them onto the elastic until there are enough to cover your bottom as a tutu. You can add colored tights, a mask, and gloves for more detail.
2. Cat Lady: This costume is very cozy and will keep you warm. You will need a robe, small stuffed animal cats, hot glue, hair rollers, slippers and glasses. The only thing to do for this ensemble is to hot glue the stuffed animals all over your robe and to put your hair up in rollers.
3. Minnie/Mickey Mouse: Most of the items for this costume will already be in your closet, so no money needed—just the right price for college students. Simply wear a black shirt and red pants/skirt; then add white gloves and Mickey ears. If you’re going as Minnie, you can also add a red bow for your hair.
4. Rosie the Riveter: To be as tough as Rosie, you need your best denim shirt, jeans, a red and white polka dot bandana and white converse. Put your hair up in a bun and don’t forget to flex your muscles.
5. Ice Cream Cone: This quirky and delicious costume will be the most original at the Halloween party. You’re going to need a nude/light brown pencil skirt, a white shirt, colored card stock, a red balloon, and a headband. Cut out sprinkle shaped pieces of the card stock and glue them to your shirt. Then inflate your balloon and tie it onto your headband as “the cherry on top.” You can also cut a long strip of red paper and glue it to your balloon, for the stem of your cherry.
6. Audrey Hepburn as “Holly Golightly” in Breakfast at Tiffanys: To be the iconic Audrey Hepburn, wear your cutest little black dress, black gloves, black sunglasses and black heels. Add a tiara and pearls to complete your classic Hollywood look.
Share with us a picture of your Halloween costume on Twitter or Instagram by tagging @TheEasternEcho and using the hash tag #EchoHalloween for your chance to be featured in the paper next week.