Police Blotter, Sept. 19
Saturday, Sept. 10
- At 6:49 p.m. an individual was picked up by authorities on Emmet Street and Hamilton Street for possession of marijuana. This case was closed on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
- At 7:10 p.m. DPS received a call reporting a strong odor of marijuana emanating from a room in Hill Residence Hall. The student later admitted to using the substance in the dorm room and paraphernalia was also confiscated at the scene. This case closed on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
Sunday, Sept. 11
- At 2:43 a.m. campus authorities received a call regarding a highly intoxicated student at Putnam Residence Hall. The student was transported to a local area hospital where they were treated and released. The current status of this case is open.
- At 2:51 a.m. an individual was reported to be intoxicated and was found passed out on the grass near the north campus parking lot. The subject was cited for minor in possession of alcohol. This case was closed on Sunday, Sept. 11.
- At 4:08 a.m. an individual was found to be intoxicated in and around the parking structure located at the Gary Owen College of Business. The indict was cited for public drunkenness and then was turned over to HVA. The current status of the case is still open.
- At 3:55 p.m. a call was placed to DPS regarding a bicycle theft (larceny) that occurred at Phelps Residence Hall between Friday, Sept. 9 at 3 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 11 at 3:30 p.m. This case closed on Sunday, Sept. 11.
- At 7:17 p.m. authorities spotted an individual at Lowell Street and Huron River Drive driving erratically. The driver was issued a citation for DWLS. The case closed on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
Monday, Sept. 12
- At 12:17 a.m. a call was placed to authorities regarding a highly intoxicated individual at Walton Residence Hall. The subject was turned over by officers to HVA. The current status of this case is open.
- At 12:53 a.m. a student reported unwanted physical contact at Pittman Residence Hall. The crime occurred between Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 5:15 p.m. and Sept. 7 at 5:33 p.m. The current status of this case is open.
- At 3:56 p.m. a hit and run occurred in the parking structure at the Gary Owen College of Business. The current status of this case is open.
- At 8:14 p.m. DPS reviewed a call regarding a student's hang tag stolen out of their vehicle at the Parking Structure. The current status of this case is open.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
- At 12:23 a.m. authorities noticed a vehicle on Huron River Drive and Lowell Street driving erratically. After a traffic stop was conducted, the driver was under the influence of alcohol and charged with OWI. The current status of this case is open.
- At 3:24 p.m. a call was placed to DPS regarding damage to a subject's vehicle while it was parked at the Sellers Residence Hall parking meters. The damage reportedly occurred over an eight-day period between Monday, Sept. 5 at 8 a.m. and Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 1 p.m. The front license plate was damaged and there also appeared to be scratches on the door. The current status of this case is open.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
- At 2:59 a.m. authorities conducted a traffic stop on a subject traveling on Hamilton Street and Michigan Avenue. Upon execution of the traffic stop, officers confiscated narcotics paraphernalia. This case was closed on Thursday, Sept. 15.
- At 4:20 p.m. authorities pulled over a vehicle traveling on Mayhew Street and Huron River Drive. A search of the vehicle turned up marijuana and paraphernalia was confiscated. The driver was issued an appearance citation for DWLS and paraphernalia. This case closed on Thursday, Sept. 15.