6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 ribs of celery, chopped
8 cups water
1 onion, chopped
6 tsp butter, cubed
6 tbsp all purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
1 1⁄2 cup milk
1 bag of shredded Cheddar (8 oz.)
1. In a large pot cook potatoes, carrots, and celery in water until potatoes are tender, Strain over a large bowl saving water to be used a vegitable broth later.
2. In the same pot saute onions in butter until soft. Stir in flour salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk, bring to a boil and let thicken for about two minutes.
3. Gently mix the veggies into the milk mixture. Mix the water back into the pot 1 cup at a time until the soup is the desired consistency(about 3 cups). Stir in the cheddar cheese until completely melted and mixed.
Dorm Room Potato Soup
3⁄4 cup water
3 tbsp potato, cut into cubes
1 tbsp white onion, chopped
2 tbsp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp bacon, chopped
2 tsp cornflour
1⁄2 cup chicken stock(or vegetable stock)
1⁄4 cup milk
salt and pepper
1. Add the potatoes and water into a large microwave mug. Microwave for 3-4 or until the potatoes are tender. Check on it half way through and stir.
2. Once cooked drain away the cooking water.
3. Add the bacon, cheese, onions, and cornflour into the potatoes and stir.
4. Stir in the stock, milk, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place in the microwave and cook for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until the soup has thickened and the ingredients have heated through.
6. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with more cheese and bacon.