1 pound ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 can mushrooms, drained
2 cans spaghetti sauce
1⁄2 tsp basil
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1⁄2 tsp pepper
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 container (? ounces) cottage cheese
1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles
1. Preheat oven to temperature directed on box of noodles.
2. Brown meat in a large pot with onions, then drain. Pour in spaghetti sauce, green pepper, and mushrooms, stir and reduce heat. Season sauce with basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and the oven has finished preheating.
3. Mix together cottage cheese and egg
4. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9X13-in. baking dish, layer with 4 noodles(breaking one in half for to lay at the end perpendicular to the other three), then spread some of the cottage cheese mix on top of noodles. Repeat layering sauce, noodles, and cottage cheese until the baking dish has been filled.
5. Place baking dish in preheated oven and bake for as instructed on box of noodles, cover with mozzarella cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.