Classic Spaghetti Dinner

Classic spaghetti dinner and garlic bread

Spaghetti

This week we have one of my favorite cheap dinners. A tasty spaghetti sauce that is simple but is still going to impress anyone you’re cooking for. With the end of the semester quickly approaching, the last thing you need to worry about is what to make for dinner.

Ingredients:

1-pound ground beef

1 onion chopped

1 green pepper chopped

2 cans mushrooms 4 oz. drained

2 cans spaghetti sauce

2 teaspoon Oregano

Garlic powder

2 Bay leaves

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. In a large pot, brown the ground beef with the onions. Add the cans of spaghetti sauce, green pepper, oregano, garlic powder, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and cover, cook until pasta is done.

2. In another large pot bring water with salt to a boil, add noodles and continue to cook noodles as instructed on the box. Strain the water from the noodles and return to pot. (Mixing in a little bit of olive oil will keep the noodles from sticking together, no more than a tablespoon for 1 lb of noodles.)

3. Use a large spoon to remove the Bay leaves from the sauce and serve.

Garlic Bread

This week’s side dish to go with our Eagle's Kitchen recipe is garlic bread. You can use any kind of bread to prepare this but I think it works best with French bread. All you will need is an oven or a toaster oven.

Ingredients:

Bread

Butter

Garlic powder

Mozzarella cheese (optional)

Directions:

1. If using a conventional oven, preheat to 350 F. Slice bread to the desired length and width and lightly butter the bread.

2. Toast the bread until the butter begins to melt, then remove from heat. Lightly butter again and season with garlic powder. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven. Cook until the butter melts once more.