Team Celebrates

EMU baseball has major comeback against Miami Redhawks

Five Eagles record a multiple-hit game in the Eagles winning performance against the Redhawks

The Eastern Michigan University baseball program clashed with University of Miami Ohio in Oxford, Ohio on April 11 in the final game of a four-game series.

Monday's matchup between the Eagles and RedHawks marked the 49th meeting since 1999. In the last game of the series, the Eagles soared higher than the RedHawks, claiming victory with a final score of 12-7. The Eagles’ victory improves the matchup win-loss record against the RedHawks to (16-33).

The Eagles struck first in the top of the second inning, scoring four runs early and only giving up one run in the bottom of the second inning.

Entering the third inning, the RedHawks closed the gap, outscoring the Eagles three runs to two within the inning. The Eagles held a 6-4 lead into the fourth inning.

From the fourth inning on, the Eagles dominated the RedHawks, maintaining a three-run lead over Miami Ohio throughout the remainder of the matchup before concluding with a score of 12-7.

Junior Luke Russo threw for five total innings and finished with a career-high 11 strikeouts on the day, tying the season high for EMU.

Shane Easter was one of the top offensive performers for the Eagles, recording a double and four RBIs on 2-for-4 batting on the day.

Brady Huebbe added the Eagle’s dominant performance with two extra-base hits, a home run, and two RBIs. Huebbe’s performance against the RedHawks marks his fourth personal time Multiple RBIs game this season.

Next up, the Eagles will be returning to Ypsilanti for a four-game series against Ohio University, April 15-17, at the Oestrike Stadium.

For more information and to stay up to date on EMU mens’ baseball, you can visit EMUEagles.com.