Fajita Fest 2

Fajita Fest shows off EMU student orgs.

Freshmen were introduced to the many organizations at Eastern Michigan during Tuesday’s Fajita Fest.

Rain relocated the event to inside the Bowen Fieldhouse from its previously planned location at the University Park. In addition to free Mexican food, numerous booths were set up by campus clubs and organizations to promote their activities and recruit freshman.

Participants in this year’s Fajita Fest included Women’s Lacrosse, Accounting Club, Faces of Islam, Latino Student Organization, Student Nurses and ROTC as well as many more.

Among the many organizations was Success Office, an organization determined to help students in their academics. Spokesperson Audrey Cloum said the Success Offices is best for “if you need to get out of your room and study.” Located in Putnam Hall, the Success Office is run by the campus resident assistants. The office can also recommend people to other sources of help.

“We can connect you with tutors,” Cloum says. “We have computers and study areas.”

EF College Break is focused on assisting college students plan their vacations with multiple vacation packages. Trips include Thailand, Europe, the Greek Isles, China, Japan and Egypt.

Laura Sigarto, spokesperson for EF College Break, says the organization focuses on young people, mostly under 26. Sigarto claims EF College Break’s prices are the cheapest there are.

“If you find something cheaper, let us know and we’ll match it,” Sigarto said.

Eastern Michigan University College Republicans promoted their thoughts at the Fest as well. The College Republicans claim to have the best party on campus. College Republicans have traveled to Washington for conferences and are planning to go to Mackinaw soon.

Beside booths, organizations also provided free food samples, vegan recipe books with recipes described as animal-friendly, as well as demonstrations of judo and ultimate Frisbee.