MBR

Food to get you in the mood for Valentine's Day

It’s that time of the year again where Cupid pulls the strings, and we unwittingly follow his lead.

They say, “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” but today that saying will be tested for both men and women as we explore a few of the all-time favorite Valentine’s Day foods, romantic meals and tips for preparing that special Valentine’s Day dinner.

Seafood is costly, but for just one night try being unexpected and switch things up!

There are few foods that can compare to a fully prepared surf and turf dinner—shrimp scampi, lobster, oysters and fish fillets.
One trick you can use to save money on a dinner like this is to place whatever you have prepared on a bed of rice, which will expand the dish and keep you from spending too much on your pricy food choice.

Don’t forget bread with your meals. A good garlic toast will always bring it home with that ending five-star signature seal.

Spending is not the only way to prove your love, however. Just
making a home cooked, candle-light dinner can be all you need to please.

Try something traditional like cornbread-battered pork chops, chicken Alfredo or beef tenderloin in a wine sauce. You will be surprised how far you can take a dinner.

Then ask one of your band friends to play the sax or violin to top off the night.

Red Velvet Cake is an old time classic. The red folds of chocolate have been idolized time and time again to embody love, and is arguably one of the top ten most popular Valentine’s Day desserts.

Champagne may not be a food, but for those of you who always go the extra mile on February 14, it is a necessity.

Letting the cork fly off of the bottle may seem flamboyantly exciting in the movies, but a bottle of champagne can hold up to 60 pounds of pressure—twice the pressure of a car tire—so for those of you who do not plan on sending your date to the hospital with a broken nose make sure you firmly grip the cork and remember not to point the head of the bottle at anyone.

Breakfast in bed is another classic move we have seen on TV a million times, but how many times have you actually pulled it off? Eggs Benedict, strawberry pancakes with a raspberry sauce and chocolate-stuffed french toast are just a few breakfast ideas for you.

Remember, the Internet is a great place to find ideas and recipes and it is always at your disposal—so if you do not have any ideas of your own then borrow a few, nobody minds!