New show highlights EMU sports

On Aug. 20, Eastern Michigan University and Fox Sports Detroit announced a new television show titled, “Eastern Michigan All-Access.” The show’s goal is to highlight the university’s
athletic program and its various teams.

The show’s premier episode aired on Aug. 27 with an episode featuring the football team and head coach Ron English. Throughout the year, the show will provide an in-depth look at other EMU sports as well as their student-athletes and coaches.

EMU Director of Athletics Derrick Gragg described the program as a great show that gives positive exposure to the athletic program. He said the show has been in the works for about four or five years.

EMU alumnus Elise Sarnecky said people can only get to know a player so well watching them on the field, but the show’s interviews can show their true personalities and let people learn a bit about how they act off the field as well.

“In a state where the large majority of sports coverage is limited to U of M and MSU, I was glad to see EMU being spotlighted and recognized for their excellent athletics program as well,” Sarnecky said.

“I would absolutely recommend this show not only to students and alumni, but also to possible students who are considering EMU,” she said.

The show will be airing new episodes once a month on Monday nights on FSD. The next episode will air on Sept. 24 at 7 p.m, with future episodes airing Oct. 15, Nov. 15 and Dec. 3 or 10 (dates are still tentative as of press date). Check your local listings for Fox Sports Detroit and tune in to see what is going on inside EMU’s athletic department.