5673__dsc0925f.JPG

Pinball Pete’s, FTW!

Looking for your newest hangout or a place to just chill and have some fun with your friends after a long day of school? Well then here is the place for you: Pinball Pete’s.

Located at 1214 S. University Ave. in downtown Ann Arbor, it is the perfect location for an evening of fun. Pinball Pete’s is a large arcade with more than 50 different games grouped together by type, and it is loud, bright and full of all sorts of color.

The arcade is full of the old and great classics along with some of the newest games. Pete’s offers shooting, driving, dancing and guitar games along with basketball, skee ball and pinball. They even have a section with glow-in-the-dark pool tables.

“Pinball Pete’s is my absolute favorite place to hang out,” local teen Lara Vasquez said. “I am such a big nerd I could hang out here all day long and just play games. It honestly never gets boring and it is close to home too.”

Pinball Pete’s is full of fun at a reasonable cost. Most games in the arcade are a quarter, making $10 go a long way. The staff are friendly and helpful, which adds to the atmosphere of fun. There are vending machines for snack food for those who can’t seem to pull themselves away for a real meal.

“Nothing is better than being able to hang out with your friends, have a good time and not spend much money,” local student Ali Johnson said. “I really like coming here because it is just that. I am a student and money is limited. The arcade is always something fun to come and do after a school day. It is a nice, clean place to hang out.”

Even mom and dad could have a great time here. When they come out for a visit, spend a few hours letting loose and being silly with one another playing games. This is a place for students to come after the school day or parents to bring their kids.

“I am not much for going out … but if I do go out I like coming here to Pete’s,” local teen Zach Chapman said. “It is super fun and gives me a chance to meet new people and make new friends. There is always a ton of people in here, so there is always a good chance of that.”

Pete’s opens early and closes late. They’re open Monday through Friday from noon to 2 a.m. and 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

A word of caution: You may get overwhelmed when you first walk in and see all Pinball Pete’s has to offer.