Run Scream Run - great October fun!

“Running in costume, while being chased by a scary dude with a chainsaw, may get you a new Personal Record.” This is the first of many thrilling quotes on the Run Scream Run website.
Run Scream Run, hosted by Running Fit, is a day of scary costumes, healthy choices, a county fair and a haunted thrill park, all rolled into one. On Oct. 12, participants will line up at Wiard’s Orchard, located at 5565 Merritt Road in Ypsilanti for either a Freaky 5k or Terrorizing 10k.

Starting at 8:30 a.m., each race will take you through a mile of gravel roads within the orchard, asphalt roads and a cross-country course within Rolling Hills County Park. Besides running for your life, there will also be a costume contest before the race begins and awards once the race is finished.

Both the race and costume awards will be divided into approximately five age categories.
Registration for the event is happening online now and will go until the day before the event, which is on Oct. 11. In order to participate in Run Scream Run, there is a fee, which includes participation in the race, the horrifying sights along the way and a T-shirt. There is also the option for discounted tickets to the other events happening at Wiard’s Orchard.

After the race, there will be a county fair including corn mazes, tractor rides and a petting farm. The county fair is family-orientated with all ages welcome. If you are looking for more of a thrill, starting at 7:30 p.m. Wiard’s Night Terrors begins, offering more than 89 acres of terror. The attractions include the Ultimate Haunted Barn, The Asylum and more.

For more information on Run Scream Run, or other attractions at Wiard’s Orchard, go to RunScreamRun.com. If you have any questions regarding the event, please email events@runningfit.com.