Week 4 Mid-American Conference round up

Here is the Mid-American Conference round up for week four:

Vanderbilt University Commodores 24, University of Massachusetts Minutemen 7

Vanderbilt quarterback Austin Carta-Samuels completed 18 of 27 passes for 219 yards and threw for two touchdowns. The Commodores accounted for 406 total yards compared to 248 put up by the Minutemen.

University of Toledo Rockets 38, Central Michigan University Chippewas 17

Toledo running back David Fluellen rushed for 197 yards on 32 carries and scored touchdowns. The Rockets outgained the Chippewas in rushing yards, 252 to 156.

Western Michigan University Broncos 3, Iowa University Hawkeyes 58

Iowa wide receiver Kevonte Martin-Manley returned back-to-back punts for touchdowns (83, 63). The Hawkeyes outgained the Broncos in total yards, 446 to 209.

Austin Peay University Governors 0, Ohio University Bobcats 38

Ohio quarterback Tyler Tettleton completed 13 of 15 passes for 213 yards and threw for three touchdowns. The Bobcats outgained the Governors in total yards, 494 to 298.

Murray State University Racers 7, Bowling Green State University Falcons 48

Bowling Green quarterback Matt Johnson completed 19 of 22 passes for 244 yards and threw for two touchdowns and an interception. The Bowling Green offense totaled 660 yards compared to Murray State’s 312.

Kent State University Golden Flashes 0, Penn State University Nittany Lions 34

Penn State’s Zack Zwinak ran for 65 yards but scored three touchdowns inside of two yards. The Nittany Lions outgained the Golden Flashes, 463 to 190.

University of Cincinnati Bearcats 14, Miami University (Ohio) RedHawks 0

Cincinnati running back Hosey Williams scored the first points of the game with a one-yard touchdown run late in the fourth quarter. Quarterback Brendon Kay scored on a one-yard run for a TD with 2:04 left to clinch the win for the Bearcats.

University of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns 35, Akron University Zips 30

Louisiana-Lafayette quarterback Terrance Broadway completed 25 of 37 passes for 305 yards and threw for three touchdowns and an interception. Akron missed two fourth-quarter field goal attempts, which would have been enough to win the game had both of them been good.

Eastern Illinois University Panthers 39, Northern Illinois University Huskies 43

Northern Illinois quarterback Jordan Lynch completed 21 of 30 passes for 235 yards and threw for a touchdown and two interceptions. Lynch was the leading game rusher with 189 yards on 23 carries. Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo completed 34 of 49 passes for 450 yards and threw for six touchdowns and two interceptions.