Week 9 Mid-American Conference football wrap-up

Final scores and key stats for week nine:

Ball State University Cardinals 42, University of Akron Zips 24

Ball State senior quarterback Keith Wenning passed for 240 yards and a career high five touchdowns, going 25-of-35. Sophomore wide receiver Jordan Williams led all receivers with 12 receptions, 124 yards and two touchdowns.

Kyle Pohl, sophomore quarterback for Akron, went 17-of-35 for 211 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. Junior running back Jawon Chisholm ran for 166 yards and a touchdown on 26 rushes.

Ball State moves to 8-1 on the season, with a 5-0 Mid-American Conference record. Akron falls to 2-7 with a 1-4 MAC record.

Ohio University Bobcats 41, Miami University (Ohio) RedHawks 16

Senior quarterback Tyler Tettleton of Ohio threw 22-of-32 for 306 yards and three touchdowns. All passing touchdowns went to senior receiver Donte Foster. Senior running back Beau Blankenship rushed for 172 yards on 20 rushes.

Miami (OH) won the turnover battle (2-1) and had an almost equal time of possession margin (28:26 to Ohio’s 29:33), but gave up 535 total yards of offense, while only posting 240 of its own.

Miami (OH) remains winless on the season (0-8), and Ohio improves to 6-2, 3-1 MAC.

University of Toledo Rockets 28, Bowling Green State University Falcons 25

Kareem Hunt, freshman running back from Toledo, ran for 114 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries. Senior quarter back Terrance Owens passed for 130 yards and three touchdowns, going 15-of-23.

Bowling Green sophomore quarterback Matt Johnson threw 17-of-26, good for 208 yards, while sophomore running back Travis Greene ran the ball 19 times for 96 yards with a pair of touchdowns.

With the fourth quarter comeback, Toledo is now 5-3, 3-1 MAC, sitting on a three game win streak.

Western Michigan University Broncos 31, University of Massachusetts Minutemen 30

Freshman quarterback Zach Terrell of WMU threw 23-of-36 for 275 yards and four touchdowns. Freshman receiver Corey Davis had 10 receptions for 154 yards and two touchdowns.

UMass sophomore quarterback A.J. Doyle threw for 194 yards and a touchdown on 24 attempts, while senior tight end Rob Blanchflower caught seven passes for 131 yards and a touchdown.

WMU recorded its first victory of the season, standing at 1-8, 1-4 MAC.

University at Buffalo Bulls 41, Kent State University Golden Flashes 21

Sophomore quarterback Joe Licata of Buffalo passed for 285 yards and two touchdowns on 20-of-31 passing. Senior running back Branden Oliver ran for 185 yards and four touchdowns on 31 carries.

Kent State freshman quarterback Colin Reardon went 20-of-33 for 260 yards and a touchdown.

Buffalo is on a six game winning streak and heads the MAC East standings.