DeBoer and McKeefery added to Creighton's staff

This past week, Eastern Michigan University head coach Chris Creighton announced two new additions to his coaching staff.

Kalen DeBoer was named the offensive coordinator and Ron McKeefery as the Director of Strength and Conditioning on Jan. 13 and 16, respectively.

Prior to arriving at SIU, DeBoer served as the head coach at the University of Sioux Falls, where he led one of the most dominant programs in the nation.

A three-time National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics National Coach of the Year, DeBoer put together a 67-3 (.957) record and guided USF to three national championships.

“Kalen is a proven winner,” Creighton said on EMUEagles.com Jan. 13. “He is a three-time national champion and three-time National Coach of the Year; however, it is the way that his former players, coaches and those who know him talk about him as a person that makes Kalen a perfect fit for Eastern Michigan Football.”

McKeefery was named the 2008 Under Armour Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year and has served as a strength and conditioning coach at both the professional and collegiate level.

McKeefery spent the 2013 season working with the National Football League’s Cincinnati Bengals after serving as the head strength and conditioning coach at the University of South Florida and the University of Tennessee.

He has coached 27 NFL Draft Picks, including Pro Bowlers Mike Jenkins and Jason Pierre-Paul.
“I had the honor of coaching Ron in his senior year of college and watched him lead a team from 1-8 to 9-1,” Creighton said on emueagles.com Jan. 16. “He was special then and he is special now. He is an expert at his craft but what separates him from so many are his intangibles. Our team already knows that he cares about them and he is already making us better.”

Expect more additions to Creighton’s staff before national signing day on Feb. 5.

Credit: emueagles.com

Social Media:

Follow Eugene Evans on Twitter @GenoSportsguy.