EMU guard Ray Lee had 12 points in Eastern Michigan's 95-50 win over Concordia Tuesday night.

Turnovers lead to EMU's 70-48 loss against Syracuse

After Raven Lee made a long-range shot from the wing to put Eastern Michigan University up 3-2, things turned sour as turnovers led to its 70-48 loss to the Syracuse University Orange at the Carrier Dome on Dec. 31.

EMU (7-5) committed 18 turnovers compared to 13 from Syracuse.

“You come off a big game like Saturday (against Villanova), you’re going to have something,” Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim said in the postgame press conference. “But some part of the let down shouldn’t come after 10-12 minutes. I think we felt we had the game under control, and we didn’t, offensively settling a little bit.”

Glenn Bryant scored a season-high 19 to lead all players.

All of Lee’s 12 points came from beyond the arc as he went 4-for-5.

For Syracuse (13-0), Jerami Grant and Rakeem Christmas led the way with 15 points each.

C.J. Fair chipped in with 13 points, eight rebounds and four assists.

The Eagles shot 17-of-54 (31.5 percent) compared to the Orange going 26-for-51 (51 percent).

Game Notes:

EMU’s 18 turnovers is the second-most in a game this season (20 at Purdue).

A season low was set as the Eagles scored 48.

Attendance: 20306.

Looking Ahead:

On Jan. 4, the Eagles return to the Convocation Center for their final non-conference game against Rochester College before starting league play.

Rochester (12-6) comes into the game on a two-game losing streak with losses coming in the hands of Western Ontario (65-63 on Dec. 30 and 64-61 on Dec. 31).

Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. and can be heard on WEMU 89.1 FM where Chad Bush will have the call.

Social Media:

Follow Eugene Evans on Twitter @GenoSportsguy