Eastern Michigan Releases Non-Conference Basketball Schedule

The Eastern Michigan University men’s basketball team released its non-conference schedule Tuesday. Notable match ups include the University of Michigan, the University of Dayton and Michigan State University. The Eagles will have nine home non-conference games and be on the road for four.

The Eagles will be hosting a tournament to start the year. The teams included in the EMU Showcase are Youngstown State University, The University of North Carolina – Greensboro and Longwood University. The tournament will be in round robin format.

On Dec. 6, the Eagles will head to Dayton, Ohio to face the University of Dayton. Last year, the Flyers were able to make it to the Elite 8 of the NCAA Tournament where they had upset wins over Ohio State University and Syracuse University before falling to the University of Florida.

On Dec. 9, the Eagles will travel to Crisler Center for the Battle of Washtenaw County against the University of Michigan. Eastern last faced the Wolverines on Dec. 20, 2012 and lost 93-54. Last year, Michigan made it to the Elite 8 before falling to the University of Kentucky.

After facing the Wolverines, the Eagles will then travel to Breslin Center to face the Michigan State Spartans on Dec. 17. The Eagles last faced the Spartans on Nov. 27, 2011 at the Convocation Center. The Eagles fell 72-40 with Michigan State forward Draymond Green leading the way with a double double (14 points and 13 rebounds). Last year, in the NCAA Tournament, the Spartans made it all the way to the final four before eventual champions, the University of Connecticut, knocked them out 60-54.

Full Non-Conference Schedule:

11/14/14 vs. University of Saint Francis (Ill.)
11/17/14 vs. Oakland University
11/21/14 vs. Youngstown State
11/22/14 vs. UNC Greensboro
11/23/14 vs. Longwood
11/26/14 vs. Rochester College
12/1/14 vs. Marygrove University
12/6/14 at Dayton
12/9/14 at Michigan
12/17/14 at Michigan State
12/20/14 at Missouri State University
12/23/14 vs. Coppin State University
12/28/14 vs. Concordia University

Social Media:
Follow Andrew Mascharka on Twitter: @Amascharka