Bleachers, press box to be installed at Scicluna Field

The Eastern Michigan University athletic department announced Monday improvements to Scicluna Field - home of the soccer team.

According to a news release, permanent bleachers compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act as well as a press box would be installed at Scicluna.

"The additions to Scicluna Field are major steps for our program as we compete against some of the top teams in the nation as well as throughout the MAC year after year," soccer coach Scott Hall said. "I would like to thank Director of Athletics Heather Lyke and the rest of the executive team for being strong supporters of Eastern Michigan soccer."

The improvements will also include a sidewalk extending from the indoor practice facility all the way to the bleachers.

"The team is thrilled about the renovations, and we hope that our fans will feel the same way," Hall said. "Winning the MAC regular season title last year and having Real Madrid practice on our field this summer to now adding bleachers and a press box at Scicluna Field, it definitely is an exciting time for our program."

Per the release, an 8x20 foot press box with a rooftop camera deck and two camera platforms would be placed on a five row set of bleachers with 118 seats. There is reported to be 18 inches of space per seat.

The estimated cost is $115,000 and construction is expected to be complete on Nov. 1

Social Media

Follow Al Willman on Twitter: @AlWillmanEcho