The Eastern Echo Friday, Sept. 20, 2024 | Print Archive

MAC round up Week 7

Mid-American Conference round up for Week 7

Western Michigan University 42, Ball State University 38

Broncos quarterback Zach Terrell found receiver Daniel Braverman for a 12-yard touchdown with 1:25 left in the game to lead WMU to its first conference victory of the season. Running back Jarvion Franklin rushed for 161 yards and three touchdowns for WMU (3-3, 1-1 MAC). Ball State quarterback Jack Milas completed 26-of-42 passes for 326 yards and four touchdowns for the Cardinals (1-5, 0-2 MAC) while receiver Jordan Williams caught 11 passes for 179 yards and two touchdowns in the defeat. WMU will travel to Bowling Green next week while Ball State travels to Central Michigan.

Central Michigan University 34, Northern Illinois University 17

CMU running back Thomas Rawls gained 270 yards on 40 carries and scored two touchdowns to lead the Chippewas to a 17-point win over NIU. CMU (4-3, 2-1 MAC) had a 21-7 lead at halftime and the lead remained at double digits through the rest of the second half. Quarterback Drew Hare threw for 231 yards with two touchdowns and an INT for NIU (4-2, 1-1 MAC). The Chippewas will host Ball State next week while the Huskies play host to Miami University-Ohio

Bowling Green State University 31, Ohio University 13

The Falcons remain undefeated in MAC play. Running back Travis Greene scored two touchdowns - one rushing and one receiving - to lead Bowling Green (5-2, 3-0 MAC) to the win. Quarterback JD Sprague threw for 325 yards for Ohio (3-4, 1-2 MAC), but it wasn’t enough for the Bobcats. Bowling Green will host Western Michigan next week while Ohio welcomes in Akron University.

Scores Around the Rest of the MAC:

Akron 29 – Miami (OH) 19

Iowa State University 37, University of Toledo 30

Massachusetts 40 – Kent State 17