Police blotter, Feb 11

Friday, Feb. 6

Police were called to Phelps Hall to respond to the smell of marijuana coming from a dorm room at 12:09 a.m. When police arrived the student was found to be in possession of marijuana and admitted to smoking in the room. The student was cited for possession of marijuana and the case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

During a traffic stop near LeForge Street and Clark Street at 10:52 p.m. police suspected the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver admitted to drinking and had a blood alcohol content above 0.17 percent. The driver was also found to be in possession of marijuana. The driver was arrested for operating while intoxicated and was cited for possession of marijuana. The case will be sent to the prosecutor’s office.

Saturday, Feb. 7

During a traffic stop near Perrin Street and Cross Street at 1:22 a.m. police stopped the vehicle for an equipment violation and found minors in possession of alcohol in the vehicle. Police confiscated the alcohol and cited the driver and passenger for a minor in possession. The case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

During a traffic stop near Cornell Road and Whittier Road at 7:24 p.m. police noticed the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle. The driver provided false information to the police officer. After searching both the driver and the vehicle, the driver was to be in possession of marijuana. The subject was cited for possession of marijuana.