Police blotter, Feb. 8

Sunday, Feb. 1

Police were called to Washtenaw Avenue about a fight that occurred outside at 2:48 p.m. The students were at a party and got into an argument outside, which grew into a physical altercation near the roadway. Police broke up the fight and the party. No charges are being pursued, but the case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Police were called to Hill Hall at 3:20 a.m. about disorderly students in a dorm room. When police arrived, the students were found to be intoxicated and underage. While police did not find any alcohol in the room, the students admitted to drinking off campus. The case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Police were called to Phelps Hall about the smell of marijuana coming from a room at 11:30 p.m. When police arrived the students admitted to smoking marijuana in the room. The students were also found to be in possession of narcotic paraphernalia and marijuana. The students were cited for possession of marijuana and for possession of narcotic paraphernalia. The case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Tuesday, Feb. 3

During patrol near Huron River Drive and Ann Street, police noticed a subject sitting in the road at 6:31 p.m. Police approached the subject who admitted to have been drinking earlier that day. The subject was cited for public intoxication.

Wednesday, Feb. 4

Police were called to Phelps Hall at 6:22 p.m. about a loud argument between roommates. The argument turned into a physical altercation, and when police arrived they broke up the fight. Currently no charges are being sought and the case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

During a traffic stop near Michigan Avenue and Hamilton Street at 8:52 p.m. police noticed the smell of marijuana coming from a vehicle. Upon further investigation the driver was found to have a warrant out for his arrest and was found to be in possession of marijuana. The driver was arrested on the warrant and will be cited for possession of marijuana.

Thursday, Feb. 5

Police were called to Hoyt Hall about a small fire at 12:06 p.m. When police arrived two students were found burning an ottoman. Police extinguished the fire and the case will be sent to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Police were called to Pittman Hall about a stolen Play Station 3 from the residence hall lounge at 10:58 p.m. Police have witnesses’ reports and video surveillance but no current suspects. The case is still open for further investigation.

Police were called to the Village Apartments about the smell of marijuana coming from a room at 11:34 p.m. When police arrived the room was empty.