Hillary Clinton's emails may have just revealed that George W. Bush committed treason

In first Democratic primary debate last Tuesday, Bernie Sanders declared to Hillary Clinton that “we’re sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails!” Now, ironically enough, more news has surfaced about these emails that suggest that former president George W. Bush and others may have committed treason. This doesn’t come as a surprise to many, since we’ve known for quite some time that the government lied about the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

According to Daily News Bin, Clinton “inherited emails from her predecessor Colin Powell” and that this “email trail reveals that George W. Bush committed treason.” The article continues, “The secret emails in question date back to 2002. Colin Powell and George W. Bush are shown to have been conspiring to work with British Prime Minister Tony Blair to mislead the American public into believing that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, as a pretense for tricking the nation into supporting an invasion of Iraq. It’s been long established that there never were any such weapons in Iraq, but to some extent the Bush administration had the deniability of claiming that it had made an error. However this email trail suggests that Bush, Powell and Blair spent an entire year laying the groundwork for deceiving the public. Lying to congress in order to get it to approve a war is considered treason.”

I have believed, for a while, that at least Bush and Dick Cheney ought to be tried for war crimes. Now, it seems, I may get my wish—or something close to it. Even if all that means is exposing the Bush administration for what it was: a corrupt and war-fevered shell of leadership.

The American people deserve answers for their country’s decade-long (and counting) wars in the Middle East. There’s much that has been kept secret about the events surrounding and leading up to 9/11, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the terrorist organizations that have become everyday conversational pieces. Now, one small piece of the puzzle has been discovered and, even if we already knew what that piece looked like, this is a victory for the American people.

As much as I hate to say it—thank you, Republicans. (And also, say bye-bye to your presidential run, Jeb Bush.)