First Fridays Ypsilanti to host self-guided art walk through

First Fridays Ypsilanti will be hosting its monthly self-guided art walk through downtown Ypsilanti on Nov. 6 from 11 a.m.–11 p.m.

FFY offers local artists and venues the chance to showcase their creations while supporting local businesses in the Downtown Ypsilanti area.

Among this month’s new venues is the Ypsi Running Company, with knitting works by Courtney Vanderlaan and Coco Rose running accessories.

Rebel Heart Salon, formerly known as Thomas Blondi Salon, will be celebrating its name change with a display of artwork, hair art and live music by Under the Covers.

The Ypsi Food Co-Op will provide food and entertainment by Washtenaw Community College’s jazz music program.

Prior to the art walk, SPARK and Ypsilanti Commercial Space Team will host a tour of available commercial spaces that are move-in ready. The real estate tour will begin at 5 p.m. at 13 N. Washington St. in Downtown Ypsilanti, following a short presentation.

Registration and more information on the estate tour can be found at annarborusa.org/events/areaeventssparkevents/innovateypsidowntownofficespacetour.

The final art walk of the 2015 season will be on Dec. 5. Other upcoming events include the Second Annual FFY Gala on March 4 and the start of the new art walk season on April 1.

Information on all venues participating and a map of the area can be found firstfridaysypsi.com/events/.