Unique date ideas for college students

Before the frantic brainstorm of date ideas the week before Feb. 14, let’s get a jumpstart on the date possibilities that are good for college students, especially during this time of year.

1. New Couple: The length of time that a relationship has endured plays a role in the purpose of the date. In many cases, the beginning stages focus on getting to know one another. A date centered on interaction may serve a new couple better than a traditional movie date. Lunch and thrift shopping is a great way to get an idea of each other’s personality and individual preferences.

2. Long-Term: Date enthusiasts who have already been through the trenches might be focused on sustaining a healthy relationship through more novel activities. Why not learn something novel together? There are painting and dance classes offered at our local Ypsilanti Community Center. There are classes that last five or six weeks and could be the date night activity for that time period.

3. Weekday Date Nights: If you want to go out after class or after work then $5 movies at the Rave Cinema or Tower Inn’s Karaoke Night can compete for your Wednesday evenings. There’s also College Night at Necto and Salsa Night at Habana on Thursdays.

4. Group Dates: These types of dates amplify any date night experience as well as subtle rivalries. Rather than seeing who displays the best PDA, compete between who can amass the most tickets together at Pinball Pete’s, hits at Putterz’ batting cage or strikes at Revel and Roll. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and your budget.