Police blotter, March 20

Monday, March 14, 2016.

• A staff vehicle was parked in Snow Lot, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Thursday, March 10, when its parking hang tag was stolen. Staff reported it at 11:34 a.m., Monday. There was no forced entry to the car. The Department of Public Safety says the staff member waited until after the weekend to report the theft because it was a low priority loss.
  • An EMU student came to the DPS station at 1:06 p.m., Monday, to report being assaulted by the non-EMU student they were dating. This happened at 11:00 p.m. on March 12, near the Oakwood Street meters. DPS is investigating.
  • A vehicle owned by the university was parked in Roosevelt Lot between 10:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday. Staff called DPS at 3:38 p.m., to report “vehicle scratched while parked and unoccupied” according to the EMU crime log. DPS is reviewing camera footage.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016.

• A resident at Westview apartments called DPS to report a loud argument at 12:29 a.m., Tuesday, March 15. DPS arrived and found an EMU student arguing with a non-EMU student, but no violence was reported. This case has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.
  • DPS assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department in a Disorderly Conduct call, Tuesday, at 7:17 p.m. Because this is a YPD case, DPS would not make any further comment.
  • DPS assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department in a marijuana possession incident, Tuesday, at 10:16 p.m. Because this is a YPD case, DPS would not make any further comment.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016.

• An argument between two roommates in Sellers ended in an assault at 12:35 a.m. Officers on patrol heard a commotion inside the room and investigated. The students were separated for the night by Student Housing. DPS has decided not to charge the students and has handed them both over to Student Conduct.
  • A custodian in the Dinning Commons was caught stealing a cell phone and credit card, Wednesday, at 3:41 p.m. The custodian used the card between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m., according to DPS. The property was recovered and the janitor arrested. DPS is seeking charges with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office. It is unknown if the university terminated the custodian’s employment.
  • An EMU student left their car unlocked in North Campus Lot between 7:11 a.m. and 8:00 a.m., Wednesday. When the student came back, they found that property from inside their car had been stolen. DPS is currently reviewing camera footage.