Cards agaisnt hummanity

Cards Against Humanitiy at Sweetwaters

Want to sip coffee and play one of the most popular card games of the 21st century with fellow students?

Sweetwaters (located at 735 W. Cross St. Ypsilanti ) is now hosting a weekly "Cards Against Humanity" night every Saturday from 6-8 p.m.

The unsavory card game is a more adult spin-off of the popular family-friendly card game, "Apples to Apples."

Each player receives a set amount of cards with different nouns and phrases. One person is the judge. The judge's card has a question or fill-in-the-blank.Each round the remaining players each pull a card from their hand they think best answers the judge’s card.

For instance, if the judge’s card is, "Due to a PR fiasco, Walmart is no longer offering __at their stores," each player would place a card face down in front of the judge that they think is the best answer.

Seven players gathered together last Saturday to play. After a few rounds, another version of the game was played called, "Crabs Adjust Humidity," which added fresh cards to a deck that most people were already familiar with.

Olivia Vitali, an Ann Arbor native, came out to enjoy the game.

"I love cards against humanity!" she said. "I've played a lot of card games and this is one of my favorites."

Vitali said she thinks local gatherings like this build a sense of community by meeting new friends and meeting up with old ones.

"It's a good choice for parties since it's easy to learn and play," she added.

Sweetwaters also offers student discounts on drinks, including it's seasonal Spiced Caramel Apple Chai and a variety of baked goods and snacks. In addition, there are vegan alternatives.