Green beats White at spring game

On Saturday, April 8, the Eastern Michigan competed in its annual spring game at Rynearson Stadium which showcased the team for the 2017 football season. The green team (offense) defeated the grey team (defense) in a tight battle, 29-24.

The game was set up so both the offense and defense could score points. The offense could score points from touchdowns, first downs, field goals and a few other situations. The defense could get points for turnovers, defensive stops and a some other ways as well.

The offense was led by Brogan Roback who threw 15-27 on his passes for 151 yards and the game's lone touchdown to wide receiver Antoine Porter. Sergio Bailey was the leader in receiving yards with his five catches for 55 yards.

Sophomore running back Breck Turner led the Eagles in carries with his 45 yards on 11 carries for the game. Turner carried the rock behind a very young and inexperienced offensive line that will look to improve as the season goes on. The Eagles lost three starters on the offensive line from last years team.

On the defensive side, sophomore Clay Holford recovered the games only turnover with his fumble recovery. Jaylen Pickett recorded the only sack of the game in his performance.

The Eagles will now take some time off before they have training camp in the summer.