Police Blotter: May 13 to May 24

A collection of criminal goings-on at Eastern Michigan University.

Monday, May 13

No crimes reported.

Tuesday, May 14

An individual was found driving with their license suspended during a routine traffic stop at East Cross and River Streets. The stop occurred at 4:59 p.m. and the case remains open.

A minor was found driving without a license during a traffic stop at Huron River Drive and Ann Street. They were also in possession of marijuana. The stop occurred at 9:00 p.m. and the case closed May 16.

Wednesday, May 15

An individual was stopped at North Summit and North Congress Streets at 1:34 a.m. for an expired license plate. Officers found that the subject was also driving without insurance and with a suspended license. The case closed later that day.

A vehicle was struck in the Convocation Center Lot on May 14 some time between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The driver failed to report the accident but the case was closed May 17.

Thursday, May 16

A driver was issued citations for no proof of insurance and no license during a traffic stop at Ballard and Pearl Streets. The stop occurred at 6:56 p.m. and the case closed May 17.

Friday, May 17

An individual was cited for driving with an expired license during a routine traffic stop at West Michigan Avenue and North Hamilton Street. The stop occurred at 4:09 p.m., with the case closing that same day.

An individual was found driving with their license suspended during a routine traffic stop at Ballard and West Cross Streets. The stop occurred at 4:23 p.m., with the case closing May 18.

Saturday, May 18

An individual was found driving without insurance during a routine traffic stop at West Huron River Drive and North Hewitt Road. The stop occurred at 2:05 a.m., with the case closing later that day.

A driver was pulled over for a suspended license and no insurance at 2:50 p.m. The stop occurred at North Hamilton and Pearl Streets. The driver lied to the responding officer about their name, adding obstruction of justice to the list of charges. The case closed May 19.

Sunday, May 19

A weapons offense took place at 913 Washtenaw Avenue at 12:57 p.m. The weapon was discharged at that time and the case is pending action.

Monday, May 20

Wheels were stolen from two vehicles in the Marriott lot at 1275 South Huron Street. The theft happened between May 19 at 9:00 p.m. and May 20 at 7:10 a.m. The case remains open.

A coach reported being stalked by a former Convocation Center employee. The stalking occurred between November 1, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. and May 15, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. The case remains open.

Tuesday, May 21

No crimes reported.

Wednesday, May 22

A driver was issued an appearance citation for driving without a license during a traffic stop at Huron River Drive and Leforge Road. The stop occurred at 6:43 p.m. and the case closed May 22.

A woman was assaulted by her boyfriend (which resulted in property damage as well) at Westview Apartments, Building J. The assault occurred at 10:00 p.m. and the case remains open.

Thursday, May 23

No crimes reported.

Friday, May 24

No crimes reported.