Golf

EMU women's golf finishes in seventh place with a 954 at MAC Championships

Watson and Loberg finish in the top-20

On April 22-24, the Eastern Michigan University women’s golf team competed in the 2022 Mid-American Conference Championships. The University of Toledo hosted the competition at Stone Oak Country Golf Club.

Kent State University, Northern Illinois University, the University of Toledo, the University of Akron, Central Michigan University, Bowling Green State University, Ball State University, EMU, Western Michigan University, and Ohio University all competed in the MAC championships.

After the first day on the course, EMU placed eighth with an overall score of 330.

The eagles collected five birdies and 37 pars on April 22.

Sophomore Anna Watson led EMU day one with a score of 79. Watson tied for 14th with NIU’s Jasmine Ly. Sophomore Sophia Wygonik finished with an 82 to place 29th. Freshman Alyssa DiMarcantino tied for 37th with an 84. Freshman Kyleigh Dull and junior Olivia Loberg ended with an 85 and 86.

On Saturday, EMU improved their score to 315, maintaining eighth place overall.

Watson and Loberg tied for 30th with a score of 163. Loberg had the best round of the day for the Eagles and tossed up a red number on the final hole, scoring 77. Dull ended the day with a 78. Wygonik tied for 34th with a score of 164 collectively. DiMarcantonio also ended the second day in a tie with a 169.

In Sunday’s final round, the Eagles scored a 309. EMU finished in seventh place with a cumulative score of 954 (330-315-309) on the par-72, 6,158-yard course.

Watson tied for 14th place with an overall score of 234. Loberg finished with a 234 in a tie for 18th. This was Loberg’s highest finish of the spring season and her second consecutive top-20 appearance in the MAC Championships.

Wygonik tied for 28th place with a closing score of 244. Dull ended her freshman career with a cumulative score of 247 and a tie for 36th.

Sophomore Paige Zolciak replaced DiMarcantonio the last day and completed the tournament with a tandem combined score of 251 to place 49th.

The final placements were Kent State 889, Northern Illinois 907, Akron 926, Bowling Green 938, Ball State 944, Toledo 949, EMU 954, Central Michigan 962, Western Michigan 977, and Ohio 996.