EMU Homecoming Football Game

Celebrate homecoming week 2022 at EMU with an array of campus activities

Homecoming week at EMU, with theme "When It All Started," runs from Sept 27 to Oct.1.

Eastern Michigan University celebrates Homecoming week from Sept. 27 to Oct.1 with a plethora of on-campus activities, concluded with the biggest football game of the season.

Each year, a Homecoming theme is discussed with a committee and a final decision is voted on; “Where It All Started” is the chosen theme for 2022.

“'Where It All Started' encompasses our experiences and the journey into college life and adulthood," said Mia Milton, executive director of alumni relations and engagement at EMU’s Office for Alumni Relations. "EMU was and is the foundation for a lot of students and alumni.”

For students looking to make the most of Homecoming, here are the events happening throughout the week:

EMU Spirit Table
To enhance Eagle spirit and prepare for the week ahead, a table will be set up Wednesday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m in the student center for students to recieve EMU swag and get more general information about Homecoming events.

Tuesday, Sept. 27

Ice Cream Social and Build an Eagle - 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
This Homecoming week kick-off begins at the student center with free ice cream provided by the president's office, and an opportunity to make free eagle plushes.
Black Homecoming: Black Alumni Networking Fair - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Located in room 310AB of the student center will be a panel of Black EMU alumni for students to hear speak and connect with. Panelists will discuss how they have used their EMU's degree's to engage with their community and initiate change.

Wednesday, Sept. 28

Homecoming Paint & Pour - 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Follow along with local artists to recreate some famous buildings in Ypsilanti on Wednesday and Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m in student center room 310. Pre-register on EMU's events page to reserve a spot.
Black Homecoming: Trap Karaoke - 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Visit the student center ballroom to sing and rap hit trap songs at this event, hosted by EMU's Kings of Color.

Thursday, Sept. 29

All Faculty & Staff Social - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Join the EMU foundation in student center ballroom A for a luncheon to kick off the 2022-23 F/S Giving Campaign with giveaways, raffles, food, and more.
Black Homecoming: Cookout - 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
EMU's Black Greek organization's are coming together for a dinner of food, music and fun on the student center patio.
Happiness Hop - 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
To help students destress through the week of commotion, bunnies Flurry, Urzula and friends will be in student center room 320 with coloring, snacks and board games. Walk-ins will be welcome as long as capacity allows.
Green and White "Family Feud" - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
This event in the student center auditorium features student leaders, alumni, and staff going head to head in EMU’s version of Family Feud. Light refreshments will be available.
“Alumni Association Board of Directors will host the Green & White Feud where student and alumni teams will come together for an evening of fun school spirit,” Milton said.
Black Homecoming: Yard Show - 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Take a trip to the campus amphitheatre to join Black Greek life for a night of dance and fun.

Friday, Sept. 30

EMU Marching Band Homecoming Event - All Day
This annual marching band celebration will be held at Rynearson Stadium from morning to night on Friday for students and alumni to enjoy.
Green and White scrimmage - 5:30 p.m.
In honor of homecoming week, EMU's mens' basketball team is hosting a scrimmage inside the George Gervin GameAbove Center. This will be a first chance for students to get a look at the 2022-23 Eagles.
Homecoming Concert - 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
EMU choral program will head a free Homecoming concert in Pease Auditorium featuring a variety of American Folk Songs. The EMU Choir, EMU Vison, and EMU Voices will be performing at the event with Measure for Measure, the community choir.
Green and White Ball - 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Apart from the football game, a dance is another crucial piece that people think of when Homecoming is mentioned. This event, located in the student center ballroom, will feature dancing, games, and a prize competition for best outfits including “Most Creative," “Best Dressed for less," and “Cohesive Group.”

Saturday, Oct. 1

Homecoming Day Midway - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A variety of activities will take place on the front lawn of Rynearson stadium including a pancake breakfast, inflatables, caricature artists, face painting, and lots of photo opportunities with a live DJ.
“For the second year in a row, we are holding the Game Day Midway, where alumni and the community can come together and enjoy various activities such as face painting, photo booth, food, lawn games, etc," Milton said.
Homecoming Football Game vs Massachusetts - 2 p.m.
To conclude 2022's Homecoming week, watch the Eagles take on the University of Massachusetts in this year's Homecoming football game.