Eagle Fest annual event returns to University Park this fall

Eastern Michigan University's annual Eagle Fest takes place on September 8 at University Park.

Eagle Fest will take place on September 8 from 4 to 7 p.m. at University Park.

“Eagle Fest has existed for several years at EMU,” Karen Thompson, Coordinator of Student Organizations and Fraternity & Sorority Life at EMU said. “Originally called Fajita Fest, this event was created to give new and current students the opportunity to explore the various student organizations available for them to join and meet new people on campus.” 

Students who attend Eagle Fest can browse over 150 student organizations' display tables. In addition, you will also be able to play games while interacting with others and eat carnival food.

“Eagle Fest is for everyone! Whether you are a first-year student or heading into your senior year, there are always opportunities to engage with student organizations and make new friendships,” Thompson said

Eagle Fest is one of the many events that campus life at EMU organizes for students every school year. One of the clubs in attendance at Eagle Fest 2022 will be the Astronomy Club.

“What we plan to get out of attending Eagle Fest is to let current or incoming students know there is an astronomical club within the university and what the club can offer students,” Miles Mercier, president of the Astronomy Club said. “There are tons of opportunities along the way that could potentially help students make connections and get experience in the field.”

Eagle Nation fans, the EMU student sports organization, will also be at Eagle Fest this fall.

“We are looking forward to spreading EMU pride and getting students out to cheer on our Eagles Athletics programs together,” said Drake Peggs, Assistant Director of Athletics.

Eagle Fest is a free event for students to attend and enjoy.