The Eastern Echo Saturday, Aug. 31, 2024 | Print Archive

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 11.37.20 AM.png

EMU hosts 12th annual Digital Marketing Workshop with theme 'hybrid marketing'

There will be a hybrid marketing workshop Nov. 18 with various panels and a space to network.

Eastern Michigan University will host its 12th annual Digital Marketing Workshop on Nov. 18 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Center. This event is open to the community and any EMU student.

The workshop will include breakfast, lunch, two panels of experienced marketing professionals and a chance to network with other people. Anyone interested can register on the Eventbrite website for a special student rate of  $7.50.

The workshop will include many speakers from different companies including Pinterest, Google, Common Citizen, and Black Girls Code. The goal of this workshop is for attendees to understand better what hybrid marketing is and how to combine the digital and physical aspects of marketing to promote a business effectively.

Speakers in attendance will be from all different types of work environments, inlcuding people who work remotely, in person, or in a hybrid state. 

Each panel is roughly an hour, where half of the time the panel answers prepared questions, and the other half is spent answering questions from the audience. Although there is no set dress code for this workshop, it is recommended that one wears neat casual attire. 

This workshop is done to bridge the gap between academic and real-world business life and to get exposure to the real world before it is time for that.

“What you’re really doing when you go from a university out to the real world is that you’re going into a new culture," Bud Gibson, EMU’s Digital Marketing Workshop conference director, said. “And when you go into a new culture, you have to understand how it works, and that’s not an instantaneous process.”

Since the workshop happens annually, there are always opportunities to learn new things to prepare for the real world.