Eastern Michigan Vs. Toledo

EMU volleyball drops match to Central Michigan, 3-0

Sophomore Madeline Timmerman records career day, finishing with a season-high 10 kills

The Eastern Michigan University women's volleyball team had a setback at Central Michigan University on Wednesday, Oct. 19, as they lost to the Chippewas, 3-0.

The Eagles started off slow as they fell behind early in the first set, 25-18. The Eagles trailed by as many as seven points in the set that was tied up five times before Central Michigan took the lead for good at 17-16.

In the second set neither team led by more than three points throughout the set. However, the Eagles couldn’t hang on in a back-and-forth set that featured four lead changes and was tied up 11 times. The set ended with EMU losing 25-22.  

The Eagles couldn’t regain the lead to force a fourth set which led to victory for the Central Michigan Chippewas. The Eagles lost in a tight set, 26-24, that tied four times and had two lead changes.

EMU senior Samantha Basham provided the Eagles with a team-high three aces, which matches her season-high set. Basham has a season total of 22 aces so far this year.

Sophomore Madeline Timmerman’s 10 kills for the Eagles was a season-high performance for the middle blocker.

Freshman Emma McMahon had 15 digs in the match, marking her 18th match with double digits digs this season. McMahon currently has 307 digs this season, which places her eighth in the MAC and 118th nationally. 

The conference loss moved Eastern Michigan's record to 3-18 overall and 2-7 in Mid-American Conference play.  The Eagles trail the Chippewas in the all-time series record 31-65.

Next up, the Eagles are scheduled to host the Bowling Green State University team, Friday-Saturday, Oct. 21-22 inside the George Gervin GameAbove Center. The first serve on Friday is slated for 6 p.m. while Saturday's match will begin at 4 p.m.

Following that, the Eagles will travel to Buffalo, N.Y. to take on the University at Buffalo on Friday, Oct. 28. That match is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. and will be streamed on ESPN 3.

For more information on the EMU women’s volleyball team, you can visit EMUEagles.com.