PRESS5.jpg

Opinion: Get introduced to rising singer-songwriter ArmstrongWW

Rising Cameroonian artist ArmstrongWW continues to make waves in his music career, recently releasing his new single "Superstar You."

Born in Cameroon, now living in Houston, Texas, Armstrong Orock's life and musical journey has been a unique spectacle. Going by the artist name ArmstrongWW, the artist has been making music since the age of six.

Now 14 years later, he aspires to tell his story and inspire others across the globe.

Influenced by the sounds of Chance the Rapper and Mac Miller, he has steadily been releasing music the past year.

Recently on Nov. 18, ArmstrongWW released his newest track “Superstar You.” Focused on the pressures many minority artists face with their identity, he conveys his message with the influence of multiple styles and genres. He describes his self-produced track as a “Hip-hop/Indie fusion reminiscent of Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody'.”

The first release to his upcoming EP, this melodic track is a great representation of the singer's talent. The trill production is paired with heart lyrics focused on ArmstrongWW coming to terms with his originality after a year of radio hits, sold out shows, and yet a slight feeling of regret.

In addition to this, he, along with his best-friend and photographer LuzC, collaborated to create a music video for the track as well. Depicting a hostage situation and scenes representing heaven, this visual creates an interesting representation to the moving song. Besides "Superstar You," his catalog includes singles such as "Call You?," "Golden H," and "Juice!"

You can check out more of ArmstrongWW on Tiktok, Instagram, and Spotify.