The winning streak continues for the EMU women's basketball team in a dominating fashion

ZaNiya Nelson finishes with 21 points in the win

The Eastern Michigan University Eagles played their third non-conference game against Florida A&M University at the George Gervin GameAbove Center with an attendance of 1,802 people.

The Eagles won by suspension with a final score of 77-70.

The Eagles started off strong in every aspect as they jumped out to a 14-12 lead which turned into an 8-0 run with 1:29 left in the first quarter to put the score at 22-12 to end the first quarter.

In the second quarter, the Eagles would extend their lead to 31-19 which turned into another run, this time a 6-0 run, to go up 37-19. Florida A&M would score some buckets of their own but still trailed as EMU went into halftime up 45-20.

After starting the third quarter strong and improving their lead to 54-39, the Rattlers would convert some buckets and cut the deficit to 55-43, entering the fourth quarter.

EMU would contain their lead and go on an 8-0 run to extend that lead to 75-55 with 3:08 left to play. Due to a fight breaking out that caused Florida A&M to clear their benches, the game was suspended and the Eagles came out with a win, 77-70.

For the Eagles, ZaNiya Nelson and Natalia Pineda both had stellar performances as Nelson finished with 21 points, and six rebounds, and Pineda with 17 points, and four rebounds.

The team shot 7-16, 43.8% from behind the arc, and 43.9% from the field, with 15-second chance points.

EMU was on top of the game when it came to staying aggressive and attacking the paint, with 22 fouls committed by Florida A&M, EMU was 20-30 from the charity strike. The Rattlers showed some glimpses of a comeback in the third and fourth quarters, as the team started a full-court press and made the Eagles turn the ball over 21 times.

For the Rattlers, Dylan Horton and Mide Oriyomi had 25 points, seven rebounds, and 18 points, six rebounds.

Next up, the Eagles will host IUPUI on Wednesday, Nov. 23, inside the George Gervin GameAbove Center in Ypsilanti, MI. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 pm and will be streamed on ESPN+.

For more information on the EMU women's basketball team, you can visit EMUEagles.com.