What's the move at EMU? Nov. 7-12

Check out these events happening on and around campus this week.

Student Center Sweet Sixteen - Nov. 7

The Student Center is turning 16 and is giving out treats to celebrate. This event runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Student Center food court.

"The Janes" screening - Nov. 7

The WRC, Planned Parenthood Generation Action, and the Women and Gender studies department will be showing a documentary and having a conversation about abortion rights. Pizza, pop, and snacks will be provided to the first 50 guests. Registration is required. This event runs from 6-9 p.m. in the Student Center room 270. This is an LBC-approved event.

Personal Safety Device Giveaway - Nov. 9

Women's Resource Center and DPS will be giving away free pepper spray and personal safety alarms from 2-4 p.m. at a table in the Student Center.

Tech Talk with Chuck Gray - Nov. 9

Chuck Gray, Vice President, Vehicle Hardware Engineering, Ford Model e, will discuss the importance of STEM in a seminar-style talk. This event is open to the public and runs from 4-5 p.m. in Sill Hall room 124. This is an LBC-approved event.

Happiness Hop - Nov. 10

Join OWCR and hang out with bunnies Flurry and Urzula. Destress with coloring, snacks, and play board games. This event runs from 3-5 p.m. in the Student Center room 320. Walk-ins are welcome as capacity allows.

Turkey Trot 2022 - Nov. 10

Participate in this year's 5k run/walk and you’ll receive a free shirt. This event runs from 4-5 p.m. at the Rec/IM. Pre-register on their website. This is an LBC-approved event.

Moonlit Magic - Nov. 10

Join Campus Life while the full moon is rising for a night of fun activities. There will be tarot, oracle, crystal and energy readings. This event runs from 7-9 p.m. in Student Center room 310.

Second Annual SOS Cultural Night - Nov. 11

A night of cultural food, music, trivia, and more. This event runs from 6-10 p.m. in the Student Center room 310. Registration is required. Visit @sos.emu on Instagram for more information.

Autumn Mindo Chocolate at The Newton - Nov. 12

The Newton of Ypsilanti and Mindo Chocolate have teamed up for a special chocolate tasting with Indigenous flavor truffles and hot cocoa tasting. Participants will have an opportunity to taste the variety of Mindo chocolates to learn what makes Mindo's process so special. This event runs from 3-4:30 p.m. and costs $50.

Holiday Makers Market - Nov. 12

Stone & Spoon, located at 110 W. Michigan Ave., is hosting a Holiday Makers Market that will feature the works of five area artists. The event will be held from 3-6 p.m. at the gallery at Stone and Spoon.