The Eastern Echo Friday, July 26, 2024 | Print Archive

Campus road in from of Science Complex

What's the move at EMU? Feb. 20-24

Check out these events happening on and around campus this week.

Pot a Plant - Feb. 20

The Botany Club and EMU Student Government will be hosting an event in which individuals can pot a plant. The event will take place from 12-4 p.m. at the Student Center lobby tables.

Plant Trivia Night - Feb. 20

The Botany Club is hosting a night in which plant knowledge will be tested, and winners of the trivia game will recieve a free plant. Taking place from 5-7 p.m., the event will be hosted in the Student Center room 300.

"Stretch out the Stigma" Yoga - Feb. 20 and Feb. 23

As part of EMU Student Government's Mental Wellness Week, two yoga sessions will be provided. Both taking place in room 127 of the Rec/IM, the Feb. 20 session will be from 5:30-6:15 p.m. while the Feb. 23 session will be from 11:15 a.m.- 12 p.m.

ThinkFast - Feb. 20

Presented by TjohnE and sponsored by the Center of Race & Ethnicity, ThinkFast is a trivia game in which all audience members are able to wirelessly partake simultaneously. Beginning at 7 p.m. in the Student Center Auditorium, the winner of the game will recieve $200.

Sip n' Spill - Feb. 20

EMU Student Government and Active Minds will be hosting Sip n' Spill from 7-8 p.m. in the Student Center room 301.

Men's Mental Health Awareness - Feb. 20

Kings of Color will be hosting an open discussion regarding the topic of mental health and the ways in which one can practice self-care. The event will be held from 7-9 p.m. in the Student Center room 310A.

Grocery Bingo - Feb. 21

Join Campus Life for a bingo event in which the prizes are grocery items. Taking place in the Student Center food court, the event will run from 3-5 p.m.

QPR Training - Feb. 21

Counseling and Psychological Services will be holding a QPR training session from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Student Center room 300.

Trap Yoga - Feb. 21

Join Her Space for a night of trap yoga from 7-9 p.m. at The Amphitheater.

Moments of Color - Feb. 21

Kings of Color is hosting its sixth annual Moments of Color event. Along with other campus organizations, Kings of Color will be helping to showcase African American historical figures. Held in Guild Hall of McKenny Hall, the event will be taking place from 7-9 p.m.

Hip-Hop Night - Feb. 22-23

The Center of Race and Ethnicity and the Women's Resouce Center are partnering up for two nights of Hip-Hop to celebrate Black History Month and bring awareness to Eating Disorder Week. The first night will be held on Feb. 22 from 5-7 p.m., and the second night will be held on Feb. 23 from 3-5 p.m. Both nights will take place in the Yoga Room, room 127, of the Rec/IM. The registration link can be accessed through the Center of Race & Ethnicity's Instagram.

Karaoke Night - Feb. 22

The International Student Association & the Latinx Student Association will be hosting a night of music, food, and dance, beginning at 6 p.m. in the Student Center's second floor intersection.

Family Feud: Kings Edition - Feb. 22

Join Kings of Color for their edition of Family Feud. The game will take place from 6:30-9 p.m. in Pray-Harrold room 201.

the i'Mpossible Project - Feb. 22

Join comedian Josh Rivedal in discussing the topic of mental health and the idea of "I'm possible." The event will run from 7-9 p.m. in the Student Center Auditorium.

Girls Night In - Feb. 22

Her Space will be hosting their first "Girls Night In" from 7-9 p.m. in the Student Center room 350.

Messages of Hope - Feb. 23

Alpha Phi Omega will be conveying hope in the Pray-Harrold lobby from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

For Us Buy Us Black Business Showcase - Feb. 23

With this year marking their sixth annual showcase, Project Big Sister will be providing a space for black-owned businesses to be highlighted. Vendors selling items such as clothing, candles, hair extensions, cosmetics, and more will be present. The showcase will be held in Guild Hall of McKenny Hall from 6-8 p.m.

Black Paranoia with PhD candidate Nigel Cambridge - Feb. 23

Hosted by the Society of Africology and African American Studies, PhD candidate Nigel Cambridge will be giving a presentation titled "Black Paranoia: Use and Response to the War on Drugs, Black Paranoia, Conspiracy, and Radical Politics." The presentation will take place via Zoom from 5:30-7 p.m., and the registration link can be accessed through the Society's Instagram.

Journal Decorating - Feb. 23

Join Her Space in decorating a personal journal. Costing $1 per entry, the journal will be provided. Running from 7-9 p.m., the event will be held in the Student Center room 320.

"The Mousetrap" - Feb. 23-March 4

PTD Productions, a community theatre program in Ypsilanti, will be beginning its run of Agatha Christie's "The Mousetrap": a story revolving around a murder mystery. Directed by Veronica Long, productions will take place at the Riverside Arts Center on a multitude of dates, with showtimes of 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. on select days. Ticket costs range from $15 to $20 and can be bought at the box office or on the PTD Productions website.

Throwback Thursday - Feb. 23

Experience a sense of childhood with a cereal bar, coloring, play-doh, and more at this Campus Life event. Taking place at The Commons from 8-10 p.m., onezies and stuffed animals are welcomed and encouraged.

Black History Month: A Tribute to Community Artist & Musicians - Feb. 24

Celebrate Black History Month at the Parkridge Community Center with live music, food, an art showcase, and more. The event will take place from 5-7 p.m., and it is free to attend.