The Eastern Echo Sunday, Oct. 6, 2024 | Print Archive

Tormenta Gorillaz Ft. Bad Bunny.jpg

Review: 'Tormenta' is a unique blend of reggaeton and rock jazz

Bad Bunny and Gorillaz released a Spanglish song that has a tropical vibe with a mixture of slow music and reggae.

Bad Bunny and Gorillaz have made a new collaborative track called "Tormenta," creating a buzz among fans and the music industry. With 5.6 million views on YouTube, the song has been topping the charts and reached the top position on Gorillaz's Spotify page.

The track is part of Gorillaz's latest album "Cracker Island," which has been widely received by fans and critics alike. This album marks the eighth project by the British alternative rock band and includes a range of experimental sounds and collaborations with various artists.

"Tormenta" is a mix of rock, jazz, and reggaeton, which is a popular genre of music from Latin America that has been gaining popularity globally.

Bad Bunny, a Puerto Rican artist, is known for singing in reggaeton and Spanish trap and has collaborated with various artists, including Cardi B and Drake. He was named the "Artist of the Year" by Apple Music in 2022, and his recent collaboration with Gorillaz has been generating even more attention.

Gorillaz is an animated virtual band that was formed in 1998 by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett. The band has become the most successful virtual band in the world, selling over 27 million records worldwide. Their music has been well-received, with songs such as "Feel Good Inc," "Clint Eastwood," and "Rhinestone Eyes" becoming popular on music charts.

According to Villa from RE Mezcla, "Tormenta" is one of the most extraordinary collaborations made so far in 2023. The song starts with a tropical melody, and then Damon Albarn's vocals are heard, followed by Bad Bunny's Spanish rap that flows with the music. The song has a calming effect and is perfect for listening to while taking a shower or bath, driving, or relaxing.

The song "Tormenta" is three minutes and fourteen seconds long and is primarily about enjoying the time spent with the person you love and making the most of it. The song's inspiration came from a thunderstorm that occurred while Bad Bunny and Gorillaz were recording the song, and they managed to finish the track quickly. The song's melody is what makes it a must-listen, with its calm and tropical vibe that appeals to people who enjoy the theme of rain and the calmness it brings.

"Tormenta" is a highly successful collaboration between two popular artists, including a band known for its unique sound. It has managed to capture the attention of music lovers worldwide and continues to gain popularity.

However, it is important to note that the quality of music is subjective, and while many may rate the song highly, others may not find it as appealing.

I would rate “Tormenta” a 10 out of 10.