The Eastern Echo Sunday, Oct. 6, 2024 | Print Archive

thankful event

E|Dining set to host Second Annual Thankful Event

Former UCLA and NFL quarterback Brett Hundley headlines the giving back event that is free to Students

EDining is hosting its second annual "Thankful" event this Thursday, Nov. 16, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Commons.

According to EDining, in addition to a Thanksgiving-themed menu, the event will include the opportunity to create a friendship bracelet with admissions, tell them what you're grateful for on their gratitude wall, decorate a cookie to eat & amp; a cookie to donate to a local hospital, and craft mini pumpkins with our sustainability team among many other opportunities to connect during the holiday season.

Students and staff can also participate in the Spend and Share Campaign. After spending $45 dollars in flex, EDining will donate $5 to Swoop's Food Pantry.

There will be shuttles running from 3:30-7:30 p.m. and will run roughly every 30 minutes. The last shuttle for the Thanksgiving meal will be at 6:30 p.m.

Also on campus, EDining will partner with the EMU community and athletic partners at the George Gervin GameAbove Center for the "Thankful For You" event, which is a two-part program featuring a "Thankful Meals To Go" giveaway, followed by a sit-down meal for the Ypsilanti community from 4-7 p.m, both at the Center. 

The event is sponsored by Eastern Michigan, the Hundley Foundation, and Chartwells Higher Education at EMU. More information about the event and shuttle routes can be found on their website https://www.emich.edu/thankful