Marcellus Johnson

Former Eagle Marcellus Johnson Joins New York Giants Roster

In a move set to strengthen their offensive front, the New York Giants have added former Eastern Michigan University standout Marcellus Johnson to their roster following the NFL Draft.

Johnson, a seasoned offensive lineman, brings a wealth of experience and skill honed during his tenure with the Eagles. His performance on the field has been nothing short of exemplary, with a track record of consistency and excellence that caught the attention of NFL scouts.

During his time at Eastern Michigan, Johnson showcased his versatility and prowess, playing a pivotal role in the team's success. In the 2021 season alone, he played in all 12 games, contributing significantly to Eastern's dominance in crucial offensive metrics.

His efforts were instrumental in the Eagles leading the MAC in red zone offense and third-down percentage, while also ranking second in team passing efficiency.

After a stellar four-season start at EMU, Johnson embarked on the next chapter of his football journey by transferring to the University of Missouri. In 2023, Johnson brings with him a wealth of experience and a proven track record of excellence, poised to make a meaningful impact on his new team.

His impressive academic achievements, including being named to the 2023 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll, coupled with his on-field prowess, demonstrate his commitment to both athletic and academic excellence.

Along with that, throughout his collegiate career, Johnson's impact extended beyond football. He earned Academic All-MAC honors multiple times, demonstrating his commitment to excellence both on and off the field. His dedication to his studies and his craft underscore his character and work ethic; qualities that undoubtedly caught the eye of the Giants' coaching staff.

As Johnson transitions to the professional ranks, he carries with him a legacy of success and a reputation for hard work. His ability to create lanes in the rushing attack and provide a clean pocket for quarterbacks will be invaluable assets for the Giants as they seek to bolster their offense.

With his selection by the Giants, Johnson joins a select group of former Eagles who have leaped the NFL. His journey from Eastern Michigan to the professional stage is a testament to his talent and determination, and Giants fans can look forward to seeing him make his mark in the NFL world.