The Eastern Echo Saturday, Aug. 31, 2024 | Print Archive

Cafe Liv Inside - 4

What's the move? May 27-June 2

Check out these events happening around Eastern Michigan University's campus this week.

Ypsilanti Memorial Day Procession - May 27

Honor those who have served with the Ypsilanti community. A procession will begin at 9 a.m., with individuals walking from Huron and Michigan to the Cross Street Bridge. At the bridge, a short ceremony will take place. Afterwards, the procession will continue to Highland Cemetery where another ceremony will take place. The procession is estimated to end at 10:30 a.m.

Zumba with Kadesha & Teri - May 27

Join instructors Kadesha and Teri for a Zumba session in the dance studio of Riverside Arts Center. This class occurs weekly on Mondays from 6-6:55 p.m., and the first class attended is free of charge. After the first class, each class costs $10 with a student ID or $15 without. There are also pass options available, which allow for the payment of multiple classes at once.

Depot Town Comedy Open Mic - May 29

Visit 734 Brewing Company for its weekly comedy open mic night. This free event is hosted and emceed by Lisa Green, and it will run from 7:30-10:30 p.m.

"Queer: Celebrating Work by LGBTQIA Artists" Exhibition - May 31

Head to Stone & Spoon for the opening reception of its newest exhibit "Queer: Celebrating Work by LGBTQIA Artists." This exhibit includes a variety of works from local LGBTQIA artists, and the gallery is located on the second floor of the establishment. The reception will run from 5-8 p.m., and it is free to attend. The exhibit will be displayed through Sunday, July 21.

Home of New Vision Recovery Walk - June 1

Join Home of New Vision and the Washtenaw Recovery Advocacy Project for their annual Recovery Walk. In addition to the walk, the event will include live music, guest speakers who are in long-term recovery, face painting, and more. There will also be opportunities to learn more about local recovery resources. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Riverside Park, and it is free to attend.

Fresh Start Clubhouse Giving Day - June 1

Support Fresh Start Clubhouse at their Clubhouse Giving Day event. There will be a food truck, mocktails, live music, games, and more for individuals to partake in. Members will also share their stories of recovery. The event will begin at 4 p.m., and it will take place at 211 E. Michigan Ave. Admission is free, and donations are accepted. All funds raised will support Fresh Start Clubhouse and its programming.

Bike Ypsi Invites You to Bike Ypsi - June 2

Bike Ypsi will lead group bike rides through Ypsilanti and Ypsilanti Township using the new bike paths and lanes. The five-mile rides will begin in the parking lot of Café Liv. The City of Ypsilanti's Non-Motorized Advisory Committee will also be present with maps, refreshments, and more for bikers. The event will begin at 1 p.m., with the last group ride leaving at 3 p.m. Individuals under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult, and they must also wear a helmet.