Alexis Salloum-Arp

Students lined individual flags to make one big flag on the lawn outside Pray-Harrold.
News

LGBT Resource Center hosts annual flag display

Eastern Michigan University’s LGBT Resource Center held its annual LGBT flag display on Friday on the Pray-Harrold lawn. The display was part of the resource center’s OUTober month, a month dedicated to LGBT-related events. "I think this flag display is for our students to come out and basically be able to create community together in making this flag," Mary Larkin, program coordinator of the LGBT Resource Center, said. Students part of the group created the flag by using smaller individually colored flags to go in rows in the ground. "We're making a huge flag here and I hope everyone sees it and thinks 'that is the coolest,’" freshman Alexandria Fedore said. For freshman Riley Swimmer, the flag display, and OUTober itself, provides a way for students to represent who they are. "This is a chance for everyone to get in touch with who they are.

More articles »

More media »

Julez DeShetler and Queso Tone catch up after a short hiatus due to illness and someones birthday. The pair talk about their semesters and the final big events of the year, the Eastern Echo Media Gala and Rock The Patio. The latter playing host to Eagletainment's very own Queso Tone as a musical performance, with the shows closing act Anthony Roperti a former guest of the show.