guest writer Nicole Raymond

News

Veterans on campus can unite

We can all agree that being a student is hard. Whether you go to school full time, work part time, or are part of an organization, students have many different needs, including student veterans. Charles Schneider, or as most people call him, Chuck, is a senior at Eastern Michigan University studying information assurance with a concentration in network security and administration and is also treasurer of the Student Veterans of America chapter at EMU. Along with his duties as a student and his position on an executive board, as any other student does, Schneider has hobbies he likes to keep up on such watching movies, reading, going to the gym and hanging out on the water. All students deal with hardships, however, it can be argued that student veterans have a little extra to deal with. “Driving once I was back in the states was the biggest thing that I had to get used to, sometimes I would find myself trying to drive with the same alertness that I had in Afghanistan without realizing it,” Schneider said.

More articles »

Julez DeShetler and Queso Tone catch up after a short hiatus due to illness and someones birthday. The pair talk about their semesters and the final big events of the year, the Eastern Echo Media Gala and Rock The Patio. The latter playing host to Eagletainment's very own Queso Tone as a musical performance, with the shows closing act Anthony Roperti a former guest of the show.