Christian organizations unite to plan mission trip

Christian organizations at Eastern Michigan University came together Thursday in the Student Center to discuss a mission trip to the Dominican Republic.

King of Love, UCF Connect, Eastern Michigan Gospel Choir and others have taken this opportunity to go there and help in any way they can.

Pastor Sarah Krage of King of Love said they would be partnering with Lakeside Church in Detroit and Teen Challenge, an organization in Dominican Republic.

“We just want to be available to help in any way we can,” Krage said. “We will be helping expand their facilities, caring for the people and reaching out in the city of Santo Domingo through street outreach. Most of us have gone on multiple mission trips and are dedicated to touching people’s lives in that area especially at a crucial time like this.”

Krage believes going to Haiti would be perfect, but she is worried about security.

“Before going into Haiti, we would have to make sure it is safe,” Krage said. “It would be wonderful to go in there and support the people, but the safety of the students is also fundamental at this point.”

The trip costs $1200 and would take place between March 8 and 15. The organizations are currently raising funds.

Krage believes people donating for this trip are the ones making the real impact in the lives of those in this region.

“We are going there to help in everyway we can and share the love of God,” Krage said.

Kyle Montgomery, a general business major, believes the trip is a great opportunity to give and would be a great representation of EMU as a whole.

“I am excited to see how God is going to use us to impact lives,” Montgomery said. “We are going to uplift people‘s spirit and it would be a blessing to be a part of this by donating for this wonderful cause.”

For more information, contact Pastor Sarah Krage at 734.476.4072.