News Briefs

Internship Fair—

An internship fair will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 22, from noon to 3 p.m. The event will be held in the Grand Ballroom of the Student Center at Eastern Michigan University.

Students are encouraged to register online at emuinternshipfair2014.eventbrite.com. For more information, contact Mary Jane Fallot at mfallot@emich.edu or call 734-487-0400.

Skandalaris—

Entries are being accepted by the Center for Entrepreneurship for the 2014 Skandalaris Business Plan Competition.
Finalists will be presenting the plans at the Sesi Midwest Entrepreneurship Conference. Students interested in the scholarship must submit their plans by Jan. 10, 2014. The conference is being held on Friday, Feb. 14 at Eastern Michigan University’s Student Center.
Students can submit plans online at app.pitchburner.com//s1/site//skandalarisBPC.

Tobacco-Free Campus—

Eastern Michigan University’s Student Senate is proposing a resolution that encourages EMU to become a tobacco-free campus.
Resolution 100-11 states that it is intended to urge the Board of Regents to add “university grounds” to the standing university policy statement on tobacco use.

At the present time, EMU’s policy for tobacco use only bans smoking in buildings on campus, inside any university vehicles and within 25-feet of any building entrance, which includes air intake ducts or windows.

The resolution is set to be presented at the Energy and Sustainability Committee meeting on Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Student Government office in the Student Center.