Eastern Michigan forward Glenn Bryant III and Lekan Ajayi led the pregame huddle before the Eagles took on Toledo in the semifinal round of the Mac Tournament Friday night.

Eastern returns to postseason play for the first time in 16 years

For the first time since making the National Collegiate Athletic Association Tournament in 1998, Eastern Michigan University will play in a postseason game.

The Eagles accepted an invitation from the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament Sunday.

EMU (21-14) will host Norfolk State University (19-14) Tuesday, March 18 at 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center.

Eastern comes off a 59-44 setback to the University of Toledo in the Mid-American Conference tournament semifinal on March 14.

In the same day, Norfolk State also made it to the semifinals in its league tournament (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) as it was handed a 68-45 defeat by North Carolina Central University.

NSU made waves two seasons ago as a No. 15 seed in the NCAA Tournament. The Spartans upset second-seeded the University of Missouri, 86-84 in the second round.

Since there is no official bracket for the tournament, the winner of the game will find out its next opponent depending on what teams advance into the second round, which takes place March 21-22.

The quarterfinals are from March 25-27.

CBS Sports Network will have coverage of the semifinals April 1 and the championship game April 3.

Social Media:

Follow Eugene Evans on Twitter @GenoSportsguy.