Men’s track and field has strong showing at Stanford Invitational

Eastern Michigan men’s track and field sent four men to compete at the Stanford Invitational in Stanford, California, on Friday, March 31. Eastern Michigan had a strong showing as two Eagles posted top 10 marks in program history.

In their second event of the outdoor track season, Eastern Michigan made their presence known as both juniors Hlynur Andresson and Lahsene Bouchikhi posted record setting marks during the 5000m run. Andresson finished third in section three with a time of 14:00.83, a personal best time and the seventh best time in program history. Not only did Andresson post one of the best times in Eastern Michigan history, but he now holds the record for the best outdoor 5000m time in his home country of Iceland.

Bouchikhi finished in second place of section four with a time of 14:06.12, a personal best time and the tenth best time in program history. The third of the trio of Eagles to compete in the 5000m run was junior Nick Raymond, who finished in 11th place in section four with a time of 14:25.88. The fourth Eagle to compete was senior Willy Fink, who took part in the 10000m run. Fink posted a time of 29:15.55, which was good for an 11th place finish in the event.

The Eagles will next head to Knoxville, Tennessee, to compete in the Tennessee Relays which will take place on April 6-8.